Web sites relating to Biotechnology
This is less a comprehensive list of sources than it is an amalgam of interesting and/or useful
things I've found while poking around on the Internet.
This page hasn't been maintained for quite some time, so beware of broken links.
Still, there may be something of use here.
Human Genome Project Information
- Explore this site for information about the U.S. and worldwide Human Genome Project.
- Links About Eugenics: Some History and Some Opinion
- Some very interesting eugenics links here.
- The Center for Bioethics
- At the University of Pennsylvania. Links to some online articles, discussions, other sites.
- Engineering the
- At UCLA. Links about germline gene therapy and somatic cell gene therapy, as well as
interesting press coverage of a symposium on germline engineering.
- Bibliography: Gene Therapy
- Bibligraphical list of sources relating to issues surrounding gene therapy.
National Bioethics Advisory Commission
- Has links to the full report of the Commission's June 1997 report on Cloning Human Beings.
Human Gene Therapy
- This site contains summaries of recommendations given by various committees, organizations, etc.,
concerning somatic cell gene therapy and germline gene therapy. It also contains some bibliographic
- The Patenting of DNA
- Is a DNA sequence patentable? Apparently so.
- The New You: A Special
- More on the patenting of DNA sequences.
Here are two interesting papers on biotechnology: